Pages

7.04.2009

Happy 4th!

Yesterday, our military post put on a family 4th of July celebration. It was mainly food, a beer garden and lots of people. Ok, so that's all I saw. No, I didn't get to enjoy the beer garden... this is where I stood for 2 hours. Take a look at the line. It goes allllll the way back to that middle tree, so the line had to be a good 50 ft long, at least.

We were all waiting for this.

Not really the Curry Wurst, but the smoked turkey legs. Wow. As soon as we got to the event, the hubs was starving and couldn't leave without a leg. I didn't even want a leg, but guess who waited in line for him. (I am nice.) I stood through 2 seperate rain showers, talked to people around me, and don't forget I held Dylan for most of the 2 hours. Once I got to the front of the line, I felt I had reached the Holy Grail. I looked inside and wasn't disappointed. I found a REAL German cooking up the Schnitzels and turkey legs. He wanted me to take a picture of the line because his German friends didn't believe people actually waited in line for his cooking. Haha. It was worth the wait just to talk to the guy inside!


Hubs didn't really get to eat the leg until it was dark out, but what a great snack to watch the fireworks with!

That's Dylan (my child) on the left and his best buddy Cole. They were playing in dirt. That's all they wanted to do. Boys.

The fireworks were pretty awesome. Our post brought in the local Philharmonics, retro bands, and other local talents to perform before and during the big light show. It was pretty cool.
Dylan sat on my lap and he held his hands over my hands, which were over his ears. We sat like that for an hour, my butt was numb. I was so proud of my little man. He didn't cry or scream, he just watched in amazement. I'm so happy we went! Such a great time to spend with my family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...