Pages

8.28.2009

Jagged Little Pill

Let's hop in my time machine and travel back to the fall of 1995.  I was in 5th grade and hanging out with one of my favorite friends, Ms. Nicole H.  We thought we were so cool because our parents let us buy "Jagged Little Pill" by Alanis Morissette on cassette, none-the-less.  Nicole and I were planning on going to the high school football game (maybe it was basketball and I'm all messed up?) to support the "Purple, gray and white!"  We made it to the game, but all we did was sit in the cafeteria and listen to Alanis belt out "I've got one hand in my pocket and the other one is giving a peace sign". 

Since that day, I have been a long time Alanis lover.  She's so gorgeous, natural, real, powerful, outspoken, soft but hard when needed.  I can go on forever! Look at her!  Another girl crush (and she happens to be on Weeds-bonus!).

     
{Photo via Alanis' myspace}     
What's even cooler, is Ms. Alanis is keeping me singing and motivated.  I've actually been working on a new jar that I want to get posted up so you can see more of what I'm trying to do for the When You Wish Co.  But, I wanted to leave you a quote that was actually on the top of Alanis' website.
"Full awakening comes when you sincerely look at yourself, deeper than you've imagined, and question everything." --Adyashanti
That's deep and I'm going to have to sit and spend some time with myself on that thought.  I'm ready for a growing period in my life. 

Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...