Pages

9.08.2009

The winner is... and my chili recipe!

KU WON!!! YAY!  It was kind of a blow-out, but it always takes me back to Lawrence just watching the games.  So, as promised, here is my chili recipe.  All the ingredients are in yellow for easy reference, plus I can't remember how to make it unless I run through the process in my head.  Scary, I know.

1 lb ground hamburger, 1 green bell pepper, 1/2 a white onion - chop those veggies up and throw them in with the hamburger to brown everything.  Add salt, pepper, garlic powder (or 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped), chipotle Tabasco, chili powder, onion powder.  The seasoning are all by taste and it's pretty much, if you love it, throw it in!
Drain the grease from the hamburger and veggies, or if you use really lean hamburger you can skip that part because some fat in the chili really tastes nice.  Take all that stuff and throw it into a giant stew pot.  Then add the large can of tomato sauce, large can of diced tomatoes (drain the juice off if you want it really chunky, which is what I prefer).  Also, add a can of dark kidney beans, and drain the juice stuff before you do.  If you like "runny" chili, add another small can of tomato sauce.
This is best when you let everything simmer together for at least 30 minutes.  It saves really great in the fridge for about a week, or in the freezer for about a month.  Goes great on top of Fritos, hot dogs, nachos... anything you'd put chili on.  I love to eat mine with a TON of sharp cheddar cheese.  Others love it with sour cream and green onions on top.  It's all up to you!  Great for Sunday football!

And the winner of the wish jar is.....   Elaine Crenshaw!!   I only had 6 entries, and she had 2 in there.  So, ma send me a message of what you want your jar to look like, or we can design it together when you come out here.  Congrats!! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...