Pages

6.22.2010

Crafty Father's Day

Yeah, yeah!  I know I'm waaay late on this.  In fact the gifts for the fathers of our family are still sitting on my studio floor.  Most of the time, I'm really really good at getting things out on time.  This week/month/2010, I have been slipping.  But, I'm making myself be better.  I CAN DO IT!

I just came up with this little ditty today.  GREAT for Father's Day or Grandparents' Day (September 12).  All you need is a picture frame that comes with a mat for your photos.

Mine looked similar to this, but in silver from Wal-Mart.



Then, I removed the mat, handed it to Dylan, and let him go to town. 


He loved it so much!  He started telling me what things were, so I wrote them in.  Then, he colored over them.  I suggest taking notes or just remembering what they were drawing and filling in the blanks later. 




This is kind of what it looked like.  I had to PhotoShop his picture in because I forgot to capture the final product.  I added To: and From: and dated the mat, as well.  Put everything back in the frame, and it's ready to gift!  This would be great to take out of the frame and put in a scrapbook later!


You may have noticed the blog has changed.  I'm still working on adding things here and there.  Since Dylan's taking a nap, I'm taking advantage of this time and getting back to work!  Have a great day!

♥ Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...