Pages

1.18.2011

Take Time

Last night was a giant WA-BAAAAAAM! for me. 

It started off watching How I Met Your Mother (watch the episode here).  The crew was attending a funeral for Marshall's father and basically the whole idea was about last words.  I was VERY sappy and emotional and wanted to call every single person I could get a hold of and tell them how special he/she was to me.  Dylan had fallen asleep on my chest, like he used to do when he was a baby.  I immediately thought of the following picture.


On the left, that's Dylan sleeping on my chest/stomach/legs.. ok whole body (you can see the tiny bit of orange, that's my leg).  Now, compare that to what he was the day we brought him home.  How fast they grow!  He's not a tiny baby anymore, and he definitely doesn't have the new baby smell.  He smells like poop a little boy.

I don't want to be the mom who lingers on the idea of what your child used to be.  I want to enjoy him now.  I want to play in the dirt.  I want to catch bugs.  I want to build forts.  I want to be present with him.

So, today, I want to build a fort like Liz Kartchner did with her girls.  (This is a great post she wrote, as well.  Totally hits home!) 


I want to join in on crashing cars and building cities. 


I want to make these cookies with Dyl, and eat THEM ALL!

Picture of Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
Note: When I make these cookies, I buy the cinnamon chips (like chocolate chips, but cinnamon) and throw those in.  AMAAAAZING!

Today, I'm going to spend time with Dylan.  I'm going to recharge my soul.  I'm taking the time for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...