Pages

5.11.2011

Belle of the Ball? pt. 2

The ball was FABULOUS!  My husband "enjoyed" himself, my feet suffered a slow death, but I felt HOT.  Here's the re-cap.

We dropped the kiddo off a our friend's house, and picked up her husband.  She said, "I feel like you guys are going to prom, and I'm your mom!!  Group shots!!"  haha.  Gotta love her.


You can see the full package.  I replaced the original bow with a sheer black ribbon.  It was wired ribbon, which proved to be difficult throughout the night.  I felt like I always had to readjust and all.  But, bigger is better, like I said in the pt. 1.  You can also see my new bracelet, that used to be a necklace.  All I had to do was slide some of the beads apart until I reached my desired length.  I snipped the ends of the necklace closures off and just tied the ribbon in a bow.  Awesome way to use what you have already!  If you don't like it, change it!  I did my hair differently than I had planned.  It had a mind of it's own that night, and there was nothing I could do to convince my hair otherwise.  So, I just went with the flow.  I wish I had taken a picture of the back.  My bangs did a cute little curl up on the side, which swept back into a messy bun.  Love.


Here's our group shot from "mom".  lol.  I wished I wouldn't have been slouching.  You gotta keep the shoulders back in ball gowns ladies.


Here's our couples picture for the night.  I think this is the ONE and ONLY picture I have of husband and I together out of the three balls we've gone to.  Hm.  Again.. I LOVE those shoes.  I wish I could wear them all the time with no consequences.  :)

Before dinner was served, we all did toasts to the Commander in Chief, to the Army, to the 4th ID, to the Brigade, to the Squadron, to the ladies (wooo hoo! and pictured below).  We also toasted to those who gave "the last full measure of devotion" (their lives).


And what do we toast with?  There's a little punch called the Grog.  It's a huge Calvary tradition, where each of the section leaders brings forth ingredients to make a punch type of thing.  One year, it was AMAZING.. this year it was... STRONG!  Here's the link to a sample of the Grog ceremony.  And what is the reaction to drinking this Grog?


Yep.  Just sayin'...


Had to share of picture of one of my best girl friends and I.  Hot mamas!  ;)


I think the rest of the night, my face pretty much looked like this.  A "I-can't-believe-he's-going-to-do-that-but-I-can't-stop-watching-nor-interfere" look.  It was a celebration for the soldiers and by George, they celebrated.  There was lots of drinks, dancing, talking, laughing.  It was a good time.  Except for this moment.


But, we have a silly way of loving each other.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

Overall, I had a blast.  It was great to be part of something so huge and memorable.  I mean, the Army is kind of a big deal.  ;)  And these are moments I will never forget.  God bless this country!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...