Pages

5.10.2011

My Favorite Spot

Hello everyone!!  I hope all the mothers out there had a fabulous Mother's Day!  I know I did.  The husband woke up extra early to sneak out and grab Starbucks and doughnuts.  Yummm!  He even did the laundry and cleaning for me.  I'm such a lucky lady.  What made it even more great was that husband surprised me with my favorite flowers and a card.  So sweet!


I love orchids and they fit so beautifully in the studio.  I love having a bit of organic life in here!

Once we were all on a sugar high from breakfast, we headed to the lawn and garden store for some plant shopping!!  I love getting flowers to put outside for Mother's Day.  It's so nice to bring color and charm to our house after a long and cold winter.  Here's a look at what we did.




New plants in my hanging baskets.


A close-up of the planter by our front door.


New mulch... it's amazing the little things that make me happy. :)


The lilac bush is in FULL bloom, and it smells fabulous!!  There's a fat Mr. Bumblebee that is having a blast in there.


Also this little bush is in bloom.  I'm not sure what it is.  Honestly, I don't have a green thumb.. it's brown.  But, when I get a chance to enjoy anything that's alive, I do!

Here's a peek at the little front porch.  It's like a secret hideaway when the trees are leafed (??).  There are trees on all sides.  I like to think we can spy on the neighborhood and remain undetected.  But now, the secret is out.


Isn't the morning light perfect?  Ahhh..  I love that time of day.


This is where I sit to enjoy it all, with coffee in hand.  Ahh yes.  After the yard work, I did enjoy a little brew in my rocking chair.  I didn't move until the birds starting swarming to the trees.  I know they're eyeing my chair ready to drop a big ole deuce on it.  Sigh.  

It was a perfect day of relaxation and enjoying the new life outside.  How did you celebrate Mother's Day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...