Pages

6.22.2011

Front Door {Make it Magical Monday} on a Wednesday

Hello!  I am here, and have slipped away from our big family makeover (which I'll talk about later), to finally post Make it Magical Monday.  We're a little behind!  So, for the inspiration:  I had seen this cute, cute, frame re-do by Shauna at The Reed Life.

{Via Shauna Reed)

I thought, hey, I have everything to make it how I want.  But first, here's the before of our front porch.


There are some things I would LOVE to change, but we're just renting for now.  Can we just let everyone know now, brass is OUT.  Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.  Now, I told myself that I had to get ONE important project done today.  And I chose this frame.


I got the frame at a little thrift store for $3.  I had the paint color ("Fresh Foliage" by Folk Art), the burlap, cardstock,  blue ink ("Broken China" by Tim Holtz).  It's pretty easy.  I dry brush painted (do not get the brush wet and very lightly paint over the surface) the frame.  Underneath, it was a matte black, which now stands out under the green.  It looks really rustic, and the lettering adds a nice contrasting color.

Far away, here's how it looks.



I swept away the bird poo, cleaned the front door, and watered the flowers.  I wish they were blooming for this shot, oh well.  But, what a difference a  few little touches add.  The frame's not over-the-top magical, but if it makes you smile when you see it, it's magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...