Pages

6.15.2011

Colorado Renaissance Festival 2011 (pt. 1)

Over the weekend, our family and some friends headed up to the Renaissance Festival.  Honestly, I set my expectations really low.  I have heard lots of mixed reviews, and I'm not a total Medieval Times geek.  Once we pulled into the jam-packed parking lot, I realized, we were out of place.  We did not put on our battle gear, nor were we wearing any type of leather.  This was just the parking lot, not even the front gate, that I knew we were in for a real treat.


Here's a little video of the crowd at the gate.  You may notice a man on the lower, right hand side of the screen wearing peacock feathers and fabulous attire.  There are eclectic others sprinkled in.  Keep a lookout.  Captain Jack Sparrow (impersonator, not the real J. Depp, which made me sad), and others from the King's Court are on the castle waiting to welcome us all.  Sorry the video is shaky, taken from my camera.  I didn't figure I would want to capture live video.  After seeing what I've seen, I'll remember for next time.

Untitled from Ashley Crenshaw on Vimeo.


As we entered the gates, one 'lad' shouts, "Freaks UNIIIITE!!!".  Yeah, that set the tone for the rest of the day.


People got INTO it.

We were more excited about the food...


I was excited about Dyl's food, fried Mac and Cheese on a stick!!  OK, the stick part wasn't special because everything was on a stick.  Cheesecake on a stick, pickles on a stick, corn on the cob on a stick, I think you get my point.


At first, I thought, "Great another thing that's fried.  I'm pretty sure my derriere doesn't need that kind of food action."  I was wrong.  I'm in love and I can still taste it.  So, I looked up a recipe online.  Here's a link to Paula Deen's Fried Mac and Cheese that I'm going to try.


Juice Break.

We rode an elephant.  Man, I haven't done that since I was about 4 or 5.  It was still amazing.  I was petting the elephant the whole time.  I'm such an animal person.

I love this one. Doesn't she look like she's smiling?

And here is my vote for the cutest couple at the festival:


Why this couple?  A) They weren't dressed in some half missing leather outfit.  B) They paid attention to the details.  You see Mr. Pirate's bloody, bandaged hand?  Brilliant.  C) This couple really seemed to enjoy themselves.  That is what I loved the most.


The scenery was awesome.  The weather was awesome.  But, you'll have to stay tuned for part 2, to see my favorite part of the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...