Pages

8.10.2009

Month of Martha Mondays

{Photo via DarthLen's flickr}

This is going to be the first week I'm really into blogging. I woke up this morning refreshed, motivated, and excited for the first time in a long time. I have a new perspective on Month of Martha and I'm ready to bring it to ya!

Mondays are my laundry days. It seems easier to do it all in one day rather than drag it out to every day and just whenever I feel like it. Plus, who wants to do much of anything on Mondays. I just want to share some of my laundry tips with you all. If you guys have anything that works for you, feel free to leave a comment!

First thing, everyone knows to sort stuff. Lights, darks, heavy/light fabric, yadda yadda. Enough said on that topic.


Did you know that when pulling your clothes out of the washer, you're supposed to kind of shake out each piece so that it won't wrinkle in the dryer? It also shakes (flicks? whips it? can't find the right word for it) out some of the water that's sitting on the clothes. By doing this, it will save your drying time and also your energy bill. Also, consider starting your laundry early in the morning or later at night when it's not so hot. The machines running will heat up your house. Good for the winter time, but not so fabulous in the summer.

Now for the stains, I have found that the OxiClean Spray works wonders on the stains my little guy leaves. My big guy also leaves sweat stains. How the heck do you get those out? Enter Men's Flair with the answer. Click on this to check out their suggestions on treating, washing and even drying. AMAZING!


Another amazing wonder is borax. You thought it was just for your grandmother's laundry? No way! I think it works better than the OxiClean powder and an extra bonus is borax is much cheaper. Plus borax has a ton of other uses. You can find the uses on the box or click here. My favorite use for borax (other than laundry purposes) is to make slime!! Check out this recipe from Joey Green's Mad Scientist.

{Photo via Niekbokker's flickr}

Oooh and if you're lucky enough to have a space to hang your clothes outside, do it! The fresh smell is amazing and save a bundle on drying expenses. If you're worried about hanging your clothes outside, just do your bedding. Nothing embarrassing about that.. maybe.


I'm sure I have a ton of other ideas, but I'm at a loss for them right now. Next week, I'll bring in some other tips or anything exciting that comes up! Happy laundry day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...