Pages

7.27.2011

Listening

{via Pinterest}

I have been reading an unhealthy amount of self-help books lately.  Not all are self-help, some are creative thinking, creative technique books, etc.  I just wanted to freak everyone out and call them all self-help books.  For some reason, I have felt the urge to just sit back and learn.  The major thing that I ran across in 4 out of the 6 books I've read, is to be quiet and listen to that little voice in your head.  Elizabeth Lesser (author of Broken Open), called that little voice your soul.  Isn't that awesome?  I only thought of it as my conscious, and who wants to listen to the nagging voice?  It just makes perfect sense that your soul is the one yelling at you!

I came up with a little challenge for myself.  Feel free to join if you want.   In the morning and evening, I'm setting aside 5-10 minutes, all alone, to sit and be quiet.  There are Christmas lights up in my studio, so you know I'll plug those in.  Also, I'm pulling out my aromatherapy candles.  I'm trying this for one week to see how it goes.  The point is to be still and listen.  I feel Zen already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...