Pages

1.07.2011

Not Even a Moustache Makes Me Happy


Yes, this is what I look like in the morning.  Sexy, huh?  Psh! 

Yesterday, I was so excited to have an interview with a potential babysitter, I totally forgot the million posts I had wanted to write up.  But, I will tell you how the sitter 'view went down.

My hopes before the interview: 1) Miss S. lives in a location that would be perfect for me to hop onto the I-25 and get to work.  Also, it's on the way to the husband's job.  Great Convenient location for both parents!  2) Miss S. was willing to work with me on the hours I needed (which was rarely), until I found a full-time job.  3) Miss S. had only a handful of kids she currently cares for, which mean Dylan would have the attention he needs and still friends to play with.

What I really saw... DOM DOM DOM!!!!!! (It's hard to type sound effects... FYI!)

1) Driving to Miss S.'s house, it was in an OK neighborhood.  This may sound superficial, but they had nice vehicles out front.  I took this as a sign they take care of their property and manage themselves in a great manner. 

Dyl and I got out of the car and walked to the door and rang the bell.  I should've known once she opened the door to just run!  There was an OVERWHELMING smell of cats (which I'm allergic to), animal/kid/something urine.  Miss S. took us to her basement/daycare area.  Which had toys everywhere (understandable in daycare setting), vacuum cleaner left out, stains on everything, sticky activity table, couch 1.5 feet away from a TV.  She left the TV blasting during our interview and offered me a child-size chair to sit on.  I sat down and was sitting in something sticky.  Brilliant.  She decided to sit on the floor and cross her legs like one of the children she watches.  Hmmm...

Well, we talked.  I asked questions.  She talked....

and Talked...

AND TALKED...

She asked Dylan if he liked to eat candy, popcorn, chocolate, and poop. 

I'll let you sit with this for awhile...

She told me she let the kids watch Nickelodeon (I assumed all day because no other activities were described).  When Miss Judy (you know the Judge) came on, she pops the kids on her laps and makes them watch it with her.  She said it teaches them to not be naughty so they don't have to go in front of a judge to be yelled at when they grow up.  (I mentally slapped my forehead after this one and I'm sure my eyes were freakishly large in shock and horror.)

Miss S. said something about trying to set up Dylan with another little girl she cares for because "they'd make such a cute couple!"

She told me she liked to take her kids on "dates", as in out to eat, shopping together... whatever.. PLEASE don't take my kid on a date with you!  That's not what I'm paying you for, and it sounds kind of creepy.  Teach him things, play with him.. you know care for him.. as in CHILD CARE.

Oh my, I didn't even describe my first impression of the person who is wanting me to pay her.  This is what Miss S. was wearing to give me a good impression of herself...
Long sleeved, over sized shirt (with stains), sweat pants that were over sized, messy hair in a ponytail, no bra, no makeup... What an awesome first impression.

Now me, I think I was in such shock because A) I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt (as in, maybe she could pull herself together and this isn't normal)  B) I'm desperate to find Dylan a sitter so I can have time for me to do EVERYTHING/ANYTHING C)  I really want a job or to be paid for what I love doing and I need someone to take Dylan, so I can do that...

Well, I had mouth vomit... I said I would call her in the next few days to schedule a time for her to watch Dylan.. At some point in the conversation, I had asked if her daycare needed toys and I would be happy to bring over some of Dylan's extras... I'M SO DISAPPOINTED IN MY MOUTH FILTER!!!!

I now have to break up with a babysitter because I'm an idiot. 

Now, I get to stress ALLLLLL weekend about finding someone suitable for Dylan. 

BUT, I have learned a lesson.  I need to keep in the back of my head, that any childcare provider is basically considered my employee.  This person(s) work for me.  So, if the situation isn't something I'm happy or comfortable with, it just won't work.  Thanks for another life lesson universe... GJBH:UG:SDUG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...